EMS / Fire Administrator, Behavioral Health Services Deputy Director
EMS / Fire Administrator, Markleeville, CA Salary Range U12: ($7,870-$8,688) per month Full-time Exempt Position Final Filing Date: September 5, 2023
Responsible for the recruiting, planning, training, coordination and direction of the programs and activities of the Eastern Alpine Fire/Rescue Volunteer Fire Department; will supervise fire suppression and investigation activities; and to perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s degree in fire science highly desirable
Three (3) years of increasingly responsible paid fire service experience, OR five (5) years of experience in the volunteer fire system.
Additional Requirements: (please submit copies of certificates with application)
- Possession of a valid Firefighter I certificate or equivalent OR obtain certificate within twenty-four (24) months from appointment.
- Possession of a valid Emergency Medical Technician certificate and enrollment in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians OR obtain within six (6) months.
- Valid California or Nevada Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Valid California Fire Inspector professional certification series level I OR obtain certification within twenty-four (24) months of hire.
- ICS-300 (Intermediate Incident Command System) certification; and the ICS-200 (ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents) certification; and the IS-700 (National Incident Management System, an Introduction) certification OR obtain within ninety (90) days from date of hire.
- ICS-300 (Intermediate Incident Command System) certification and the IS-800 (National Response Framework, an Introduction) certification OR obtain within one (1) year from date of hire.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: 100% FTE exempt position in a five-step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one-year probationary period.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Administrative Leave: 80 hours per year
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan for New Member
Behavioral Health Services Deputy Director Markleeville, CA Salary Range U32: ($7,870-$8,688) per month Full-time Exempt Position Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled