Are you a highly motivated learner interested in working on a variety of technical duties supporting the laboratory with sampling and analysis of water and wastewater? If so, the South Tahoe Public Utility District has a great opportunity for those looking to gain valuable experience. Salary: $22.98/hour.
To assist Laboratory Technicians by performing chemical tests, sampling and overall Lab maintenance in order to comply with Drinking Water requirements and treated waste water discharge permits.
Shift & Hours: 9 hour days, 2-4 days per week. Work schedule can change from week to week. The term of employment shall not exceed six months.
- Collect drinking water, sewage water, well, stream, reservoirs, groundwater and soil samples.
- Conduct tests in the lab and field. Tests may include: pH, Electrical Conductivity, Chlorine Residual, Turbidity, Suspended Solids, Settleable Solids, Alkalinity, and BOD.
- Log and preserve samples.
- Pack and ship Laboratory samples.
- Prepare Laboratory reagents.
- Clean-up work.
Education & Experience Requirements
The ideal applicant is a college student with a major in biology, chemistry or related field with some laboratory experience.
The applicant must have had, and passed with a grade of B or better, at least one semester of college level classes in Biology and/or Chemistry which include laboratory sessions.
Applicant must be competent in algebra.