Manager of Plant Operations
We're looking for a Manager of Plant Operations who will be responsible for directing the operations and maintenance of our wastewater treatment plant! We need someone who can ensure all facilities and services are maintained in a safe condition and all work is performed safely. Don't miss this amazing opportunity!
Salary Range: $137,339. - $175,283/Annually and competitive benefits package offered. Position closes 10/5/2023 at 11:59 pm.
Under the general supervision, is responsible for directing the operations and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant. Manages the Operations, Heavy Maintenance and Electrical departments. Ensures that all work is performed safely and all facilities are maintained in a safe condition.
- Provides leadership and works with staff to ensure a customer-service oriented work environment that supports achieving the department's and District's mission, plans, objectives, and values.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the efficient operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant. Manages the Operations, Heavy Maintenance and Electrical departments.
- Assist with development, implementation, and utilization of advanced asset management program in the plant operations division.
- Conducts regular inspections of the treatment plant and maintenance shops.
- Checks plant log entries, sample collection, testing procedures and maintenance records of subordinates.
- Maintains, evaluates, and utilizes laboratory testing reports, plant operation reports, plant expense reports and maintenance records.
- Prepares detailed analytical reports on plant operation and maintenance and results obtained.
- Identifies capital improvements to improve efficiency, cost savings, and customer satisfaction, and assists the Engineering Department in their planning, design, permitting construction, and commissioning.
- Recruits, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, disciplines, develops, and promotes teamwork among support personnel.
- Prepares annual Plant Operations Department operating budget and supports development and is responsible for subordinate departments Operation and Maintenance (O&M) budgets.
- Prepares and submits required reports to EPA, EDCARB, SWRCB.
- Plans upgrades improvements, and modifications to plant equipment and processes.
- Maintains Business Continuity Plan and Emergency Response and Recovery Plan.
- Oversees vulnerability assessment process and security modifications for plant facilities.
- Oversees District Special Discharge and Construction Discharge permit program.
- Meets plant Waste Discharge Permit requirements.
- Evaluates and directs plant energy and chemical usage.
- Adheres to and enforces stated safety policies and procedures.
- Monitors and implements legislation, policies, and laws affecting the operation of the District's wastewater treatment system.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent is required.
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with major coursework in wastewater related field is desired.
1. Requires ten (10) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant, including at least five (5) years of supervisory/management experience.
1. Possession of a California Wastewater Grade V State Certification is required within 18 months of appointment.
2. Requires the ability to work independently to carry out tasks and devise improvements as necessary.
3. Possession of valid driver's license, acceptable by the State of California, with a driving record which enables insurability, is required.
4. Requires the ability to exercise individual judgment and take prompt and decisive actions when emergency situations arise.
5. Requires ability to understand and convey to the public, District policy and regulations.
6. Requires the ability to plan, organize, direct, and supervise the overall operations and maintenance of the Wastewater Operations Division, including budgetary control.
7. Requires the ability to analyze and interpret plant logs and laboratory test results.
8. Requires the ability to devise and implement new and improved operational and maintenance procedures and systems.
9. Requires the ability to prepare accurate operating and monitoring reports.
10. Requires the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and make presentations before the Board of Directors and other groups.
11. Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
12. Requires the ability to recruit, train, instruct, supervise, evaluate, motivate, appropriately discipline, and develop staff.
13. Requires the ability to achieve specified plant operating results.
15. Requires current, valid CPR and First Aid certificates or ability to obtain with two years of hire date.
RESPONSIBILITY (Degree of):
1. Responsible for directing the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant.
2. Responsible for supporting District emergency response activities.