Part-Time Lab Aide
The South Tahoe Public Utility District is looking for an enthusiastic, quick learner to perform maintenance, preparation and cleaning of lab equipment and working areas. Completion of High School Sophomore grade, including High School Chemistry or Biology required with a grade of B or better. 15-20 hrs. per week, flexible for a student schedule. Pay Range: $19.85/hour.
15-20 Hours per Week-Monday thru Friday, flexible schedule geared for students
Under supervision of the Laboratory Director, Laboratory Technicians, or Laboratory Assistant, maintains, cleans, and prepares laboratory equipment and working areas, prepares reagents, and may prepare bacteriological culture media and perform limited tests on water and wastewater samples.
1. Cleans glassware, and performs special cleaning of some glassware with acids or organic solvents.
2. Prepares and sterilizes bacteriological culture media, using an autoclave.
3. Cleans and prepares Laboratory for general analytical procedures.
4. Cleans and prepares sample bottles.
5. Adheres to and enforces stated safety policies and procedures and standard laboratory procedures.
Education & Experience Requirements
Must have successfully completed High School Level Biology or Chemistry with a grade of B or better.
Practical experience in laboratory techniques and procedures desired.
1. Ability to read, understand and follow written or verbal instructions. (Safety or job related)
2. Requires the ability to maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
3. Knowledge of mathematics (including use of calculators); and chemistry or biology laboratory techniques and procedures.
4. Valid, current drivers' license, acceptable by the State of California, with a driving record which enables insurability.
1. Works under the direct supervision of Laboratory Director or Laboratory Technicians and Laboratory Assistant.